Hello to all,
Welcome to the new edition of the SOLIDWORKS Support Monthly News! This monthly news blog is co-authored by members of the SOLIDWORKS Technical Support teams worldwide.
How to make sense of model orientation and DXF/DWG Viewing?
By Mario Iocco
How can you get diameter annotation orientations?
By Daniela Koloszko
In order to display a diameter callout as linear dimension and place it straightaway while creating the callout, you can follow these steps:
- Create a section view from the MBD toolbar
- Save it with the options “View Orientation” and “Drawing annotation view” enabled.
- Right click on “Annotations” in DimXpert Manger and select “Insert Annotation view”
- Create a new Annotation view based on the orientation of the saved section view
- Start a “Size dimension” from the MBD toolbar and select one of the hole edges in the section view
- As a result, you will place directly linear callout dimension, parallel to the hole axis
Refer to the images below:
Noteworthy Solutions from the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base
In SOLIDWORKS® 2021, why might I experience poor graphics performance with large drawings?
SOLIDWORKS® 2021 expanded the newly redesigned Graphics Performance Pipeline render engine . To get more information, see Solution ID: S-079614
Where can I obtain more information about the Apache Log4j vulnerability (CVE-2021-44228)?
To get all the information about the Apache Log4j vulnerability, see solution ID: S-079619
Is there a SolidPractices document available on the topic of “Setup for Optimized Performance”?
Yes, the Solidpractices document is available in the Solution ID: S-079609
In SOLIDWORKS® Simulation, what is the logic behind the behavior of the ‘Gap range for bonding’ option?
There is a difference in the way that the software implements the ‘Gap range for bonding’ option for bonded interactions. To get more information, see Solution ID: S-079473
That’s it for this month. Thanks for reading this edition of SOLIDWORKS Support News. If you need additional help with these issues or any others, please contact your SOLIDWORKS Value Added Reseller.
Comments and suggestions are always welcome. You can enter them below.