eDrawings 2019 enables easy collaboration throughout the supply chain with enhanced file support and install-free design sharing.
Enhanced Design Collaboration
In a global market companies have to consume and understand 3D design data from multiple design solutions. eDrawings 2019 enables teams to collaborate with all project stakeholders with greater native file support.
- You can now open ACIS®, CALS, CATIA™ V6, HOOPS, IGES, JT™ data format, Parasolid®, Pro/ENGINEER® and Creo®, Solid Edge®, STEP, Stereo Lithography (STL), and Unigraphics NX™ files in eDrawings.
- Viewing configuration data has always been available for exported EPRT and EASM files. Now, with eDrawings 2019, configuration data can be viewed for native SOLIDWORKS part and assembly files, saving the step of exporting the data to eDrawings format.
- Sharing CAD data from eDrawings is a great way to collaborate, and with the new Web HTML output, eDrawings models can be shared in a new format that opens in any browser without the need for extensions or installation.
- Familiar tools are available, such as access to the component tree and configurations that exist in the model can be displayed. A handy explode tool is available to see parts contained in an assembly and sectioning allows better visualization of internal components.
- All of the eDrawings viewing tools are available such as view animation, standard views, and model display. Ambient occlusion can be turned on as well, for added realism when viewing models.
- And finally performance in eDrawings 2019 gets a big boost. For example, when rotating an assembly, you’ll see that there is NO noticeable delay, and the smaller details will, remain. All of the view manipulations feel immediate and effortless, and the same goes for component selection, providing a much better user experience when viewing very large assemblies.
eDrawings 2019, extends its capabilities to view more CAD file types, offers better sharing through the new Web HTML output, and a provides a big performance boost when viewing large assemblies.