Engineering Education Tour of Ireland with t4

On the last day of my trip to Ireland,  I observed the interaction between educators in Ireland’s t4 and Rwanda, I can only look to a great future as t4 has agreed to assist Rwanda in implementing their engineering and design curriculum for 2012.  Ireland, its students, and teachers have opened there doors to Rwanda.

SPS Ireland Classroom 
I had an opportunity to speak to Bernard Kirk, director of the t4 Galway Education Center.  Bernard is busy establishing partnership with customers like Medtronic, Boston Scientific, universities, and other engineering organizations.  These relationships with the Irish technology companies allows students to participate  in  Medtronic Science of the Future and  Making Stents and Rockets with Boston Scientific  allowing for the critical connection for work force development.

Tonight, as I look out at beautiful Galway Bay, on the Atlantic coast, I see this wind turbine.  With years of engineering and technology incorporated into the Irish education system, perhaps this island will be the place where students will solve the world’s problems.  Marie

Irish Education 7 

Marie Planchard

Marie Planchard

Senior Director, Early Engagement, 3DEXPERIENCE Works at Dassault Systemes
Marie Planchard is an education and engineering advocate. As Senior Director of Education & Early Engagement, SOLIDWORKS, she is responsible for global development of content and social outreach for the 3DEXPERIENCE Works products across all levels of learning including educational institutions, Fab Labs, and entrepreneurship.
Marie Planchard