Late last week, the DraftSight team rolled out a NEW version of DraftSight: DraftSight V1R4.0. This version includes product enhancements to the free version of DraftSight for Windows plus unique enhancements to the Enterprise Pack Offering for DraftSight that can help companies and educators reduce software compliance issues and deployment challenges, as well as enhance customization and integration.
Enterprise Pack enhancements include:
- Telephone and email support during your entitlement period.
- A network license to help deploy 2D CAD across the entire organization, helping to reduce headaches related to license management and versioning data incompatibility.
- A deployment wizard that can help enable large groups of users to install or upgrade DraftSight.
- Toolbox for DraftSight: A standards-based mechanical symbol library and annotation add-on created to let users insert standard hardware; generate holes; create a Bill of Materials and callouts for holes; and add balloons, welding symbols and surface finish symbols.
- Design Library: This add-on uses a tab in DraftSight’s task pane to provide a central location for user-defined reusable elements, such as blocks. These elements are added to the drawing file and contain the properties associated with the content file, such as Line Style and Layers. Simply drag and drop the content from the palette into the task pane.
- Drawing Compare: This add-on can be used to graphically compare entities between two drawing documents. The differences between the drawings are displayed in color codes. Note: Drawing Compare compares the bitmaps of two drawings at the bit level. Only visual changes are captured when the drawings are compared. For example, if you move an annotation 2mm to the left, this change is reflected in the comparison. Conversely, if you change a custom property such as the Description, this does not reflect in the comparison.
- DraftSight APIs (application programming interfaces) and API updates: APIs can help you customize and automate DraftSight. Companies that have automated, customized or integrated their current DWG-based CAD system through LISP or other macros should find significant value in these APIs.
- Product upgrades, new releases and service packs that become available during your entitlement period.
- A comprehensive curriculum (for educators only).