The 3DEXPERIENCE WORKS portfolio builds upon SOLIDWORKS desktop with the 3DEXPERIENCE Cloud Business platform. The 3DEXPERIENCE platform introduces new ideas and workflows into the classroom: Community, Collaboration, Project Management and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM).
Learn about 3DEXPERIENCE and the Classroom:
- Navigating the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform
- Creating Dashboards for the Classroom
- Collaboration in the Classroom with 3D SWYM
- Finding, Tagging, and Using Data
- Projects, Tasks, Assignments, and Deliverable’s
- Setting Up Collaborative Spaces with 3D Space
Educators can set up a community for each class and invite students or groups of students. Students can present ideas and collaborate on projects, sharing not only CAD information but relevant images, documents and videos. Think of virtual brainstorming. Capture the digital “yellow sticky notes” and stop losing ideas or thoughts.
As an educator, you can also create short quizzes to keep student engaged and monitor their understanding.
Coming from a SOLIDWORKS educator background, I first learned about the 3DEXPERIENCE platform from the CAD side. I had three major interests:
- xDesign, cloud-based app that creates prismatic shapes
- xShape, cloud based app that creates ergonomic shapes with a push/pull method
- Connector to SOLIDWORKS desktop
But the 3DEXPERIENCE platform opens the world of community, collaboration, and project management to any class.
New online exams have been created that are part of our SOLIDWORKS Academic Certification exam providers program.
There is also a community just for educators and it’s free.
Information on how educators can join the 3DEXPERIENCE EDU Academia community can be found here.
Be well. Be safe. Marie