Arizona State University has been chosen to be showcased at the Product Showcased at SOLIDWORKS WORLD. ASU was one of 16 teams chosen to participate in the EcoCAR 3 competition. With a strong history of student participation and success in SAE competitions, the students and faculty of the ASU team are ready to take the challenge head on.
Primarily operating in the Fulton Engineering School on the Polytechnic campus, the team is seeking students from all campuses, including students in engineering, journalism/broadcasting/public relations, business and project management/operations.
EcoCAR 3 is a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Advanced Vehicle Technology Competition (AVTC) series. As one of North America’s premier collegiate automotive engineering competition, the U.S. DOE and General Motors challenge16 North American universities to redesign a Chevrolet Camaro into a hybrid-electric car that will reduce environmental impact, while maintaining the muscle and performance expected from this iconic American car.
It’s great see so many young women involved in this compeition
- Sayra Hernandez: Electrical Engineering Team Member
- Bobbie Rios: Mechanical Engineering Team Member
- Maggie Lykins: Mechanical Engineering Team Member
- Kelsey Caldwell: Control Systems Engineering Team Member
- Samantha Twet: Mechanical Engineering Team Member
- Megan Cawley: Control Systems Engineering Team Member
- Ashley Yost: Communications Manager
We are excited to see ASU engineers use SOLIDWORKS and share their designs at SOLIDWORKS WORLD!. Marie