Have you installed SOLIDWORKS 2020 yet? As a Subscription Services member, you can now immediately download the latest new software releases and service packs. For a list of all your Subscription Service benefits, Click here.
We’re constantly improving and upgrading our software. Whether it’s a bug fix to increase performance and reliability, a community-requested enhancement, or patching in new functionality and supported file formats, SOLIDWORKS is always evolving.
Let’s check out the top 10 new features for SOLIDWORKS CAD 2020:
10. Connected Design-to-Manufacturing Ecosystem in the Cloud
Enable Seamless product development workflows and easily extend them with new tools as your business needs evolve. To learn more, check out the video below:
- Direct Connection: Easily connect SOLIDWORKS 2020 with key tools through the cloud-based 3DEXPERIENCE® platform. The 3DEXPERIENCE Platform Connector for SOLIDWORKS Desktop enables you to leverage your existing, on-premise design data to work how and when you want.
- Data Sharing and Collaboration: Share models back and forth between SOLIDWORKS and 3DEXPERIENCE tools. Collaborate in real time from anywhere and on any device.
- Extended Workflows: Easily extend your design ecosystem with new capabilities such as subdivision (Sub-D) modeling, conceptual design, and product lifecycle and project management in the cloud.
9. Improvements to SOLIDWORKS Visualize
Enhance flexibility with support of new file formats and customizable materials.
- XR Exporter: Easily convert your Visualize files to AR/VR experiences.
- PDM Integration: Manage your files more easily with SOLIDWORKS PDM integration.
8. More Flexibility for Surfacing
Simplify and speed up your design with more robust, flexible surface options.
- Offset Surface: Identify faces on a surface that cannot be offset, and create an offset surface without them.
- Thicken: Specify more types of surface direction vectors (other than normal) to a face.
7. Expanded Interoperability with 3D Interconnect
Collaborate with more data sources easily.
- Drag and Drop into SOLIDWORKS: Drag a non-native SOLIDWORKS file into an active part or assembly.
- New File Types: Work with BREP data from DXF™/DWG files and IFC files.
6. Improved Design Experience
Save time and simplify design tasks.
- 3D Printing: Access an extensive list of commercially available 3D printer volumes and create slices for 3D printing directly from SOLIDWORKS® geometry. Save time and simplify your design tasks with this feature.
Tune in Friday for Part 2 of our top 10 SOLIDWORKS CAD 2020 features. For a list of all your Subscription Service benefits, Click here.