Have you installed SOLIDWORKS 2020 yet? As a Subscription Services member, you can now immediately download the latest new software releases and service packs. For a list of all your Subscription Service benefits, Click here.
We’re constantly improving and upgrading our software. Whether it’s a bug fix to increase performance and reliability, a community-requested enhancement, or patching in new functionality and supported file formats, SOLIDWORKS is always evolving.
Here is Part 2 of our top 10 new features for SOLIDWORKS CAD 2020:
5. Faster Calculations and Improved Accuracy for Simulation
Run faster calculations and better simulations that test out real-world behavior.
- Speed and Accuracy: Speed up analysis and improve accuracy by combining linear and quadratic elements in the same simulation study.
- Pin and Bolt Connectors: Deform faces attached to Pin and Bolt connectors.
- Beam Models: Import temperatures to perform a stress analysis after running a thermal analysis on a model with beams.
4. Faster Sketching
Create robust sketches faster.
- Silhouette Entities: Create multiple sketch entities by projecting the outline of component bodies onto a parallel sketch plane.
- Torsion Continuity Relation: Achieve G3 curvature between sketched curves, thereby allowing a seamless transition.
3. Flexible Components
Create assembly designs faster while maintaining an accurate bill of materials.
- Make Part Flexible: Display the same part in different conditions in the same assembly. For example, show a spring compressed and at full length in the same assembly.
2. Faster Assembly Design
Speed up assembly design and reduce visual clutter.
- Envelope Publisher: Include components from a top-level assembly as envelopes in a subassembly.
- Large Design Review: Create mates to the reference geometry of components, create and edit linear and circular component patterns, edit pattern-driven and sketch-driven component patterns.
1. Large Assembly Drawings for Working Faster
Work faster on drawings with many sheets, configurations, and resource-intensive views.
- Detailing Mode: Open drawings in a matter of seconds while maintaining the ability to add and edit annotations
- Graphics Acceleration for Drawings: Improve frame rates when panning and zooming within drawings with hardware-accelerated rendering.
This wraps up our top 10 features in SOLIDWORKS CAD 2020, but this is only the beginning! The SOLIDWORKS 2020 release delivers improved performance, streamlined workflows and support for a connected design ecosystem in the cloud. For a list of all your Subscription Service benefits, Click here.