Announcing the Leonardo da Vinci 3D Design Challenge from the 3DEXPERIENCE Lab
Students. Educators. Are you looking for a great challenge?
Dassault Systèmes 3DEXPERIENCE Lab invites you to show case your 3D skills and give life to the drawings of Leonardo Da Vinci chosen from his original codices.
For this challenge, Dassault Systèmes 3DEXPERIENCE Lab will be partnering with Academy Award nominated writer and Pixar story veteran, Jim Capobianco. One of the five challenge winners will have the chance to be featured in Jim’s new film The Inventor, a film about Leonardo da Vinci. In addition, winners will receive a 3D print of their design and access to our latest cloud apps in the 3D Creator Role. Which in turn give you access to the SOLIDWORKS xDesign App, for one year at no cost.
How to Participate
- Visit the Open Codex Community
- Click on ‘Become an author’ button on the right of the screen
- Select the blue-highlighted Post on the top of the page titled ‘ANNOUNCING LEONARDO DA VINCI 3D DESIGN CHALLENGE’ and read all details of the Challenge
- Choose any ONE codex out of the 10 codices listed and design it in 3D using any of your favorite Dassault Systèmes’ app(s): SOLIDWORKS, CATIA, or the 3D Creator Role featuring SOLIDWORKS xDesign App.
In case you don’t have access to any of these apps, we can give you access to the 3D Creator Role featuring the xDesign App for a limited period, but you have to request for access ASAP while the limited stock of licenses lasts. So, Hurry Up and let us know if you need access to xDesign.
You may use SOLIDWORKS or CATIA too. You will find Contact Info of the Organizing team in the ‘ANNOUNCING LEONARDO DA VINCI 3D DESIGN CHALLENGE’ on the Community.
Remember that the Open Codex Community is the Single Source of Information and Activity for this challenge from this point on. Everything you need to know – challenge rules, flyer, updates, FAQs will be on the Open Codex Community (as posts, media, or wikis). Please read all the Posts from 12th Feb 2021 onwards to be updated on the challenge. You can post questions on the community and comment on other posts also. Come, talk to us and others on the community. Let’s make it a vibrant community for daVinci and design!
Please remember the only way to participate in this challenge is to upload your 3D design by posting it to the the Open Codex Community before May 2, 2021.
Get started by visiting the Community and clicking on ‘Become an author.’ The community owner will give you access to post questions and eventually your entry and 3D model. This is just a one-time process.
Challenge Launch at 3DEXPERIENCE World 2021
To get in the groove, watch this session replay from the 3DEXPERIENCE World 2021 where Frédéric VACHER, head of 3DEXERIENCE Lab, chatted with Jim about The Inventor, and the launch of the Leonardo da Vinci 3D Design Challenge!
- See full details at https://3dexperiencelab.3ds.com/en/challenges/
- Visit OPEN CODEX Community and ‘Request to be an Author’ – https://r1132100503382-eu1-3dswym.3dexperience.3ds.com/#community:16
- Discover more about The Inventor at www.theinventorfilm.com
Share the flyer below with your friends. See you in the Open Codex Community 🙂 Good Luck!!