Yes, you read that correctly! DASSAULT SYSTEMES’ powerful browser-based 3DEXPERIENCE Platform is now available to students across the globe! New for the 2019-2020 SOLIDWORKS Student Edition, we’re bundling in a 1-year complimentary access to the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform. Keep your skills sharp and learn the exact same best-in-class software the pros are using every day to bring their products to market.
So what’s this new Platform you keep talking about? The 3DEXPERIENCE Platform is a cloud-based portfolio of tightly integrated solutions (apps) built on a single Platform, all using the same intuitive user interface. Collaborate directly in the cloud and access the growing suite of tools on the Platform to manage all facets of your project. To sum it up in a sentence, it’s basically CAD-in-the-cloud, project planning, cloud storage, team collaboration in a social media setting – all zipped up in an easy-to-use interface. This short video below gives a great introduction:
Now that you have a good understanding of the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform, here are the top benefits to you:
- Access a browser-based single framework for more innovation and improved collaboration
- Provides apps to design, refine, organize, manage and collaborate on content in real-time – all in the cloud
- Innovate, collaborate, and create great designs anytime, anywhere from any device – including Macs, tablets and smartphones
- Utilize advanced time-saving features and technology like Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- All in-the-cloud with zero installation – powerful machine not required anymore!
To fully understand everything you’ll now have access to with the Platform, let’s first define these two key terms: Roles and Apps.
- A Role is an industry standard title that someone may have in the workplace – such as Designer, Engineer, Marketer, Artist and Project Manager. It’s a collection of apps to help that role complete their tasks faster and with more precision.
- An App is an individualized task or tool needed by someone to successfully complete their job.
Your complimentary 1-year access to the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform contains these five main Roles below, with over 30 apps, to help you design and engineer faster than ever before:
Collaborative Business Innovator
The backbone of the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform, connecting you to your data and collaborating with others to improve communication and foster innovation. Learn more here.
Collaborative Industry Innovator
Tools to organize, manage projects and collaborate on content in real-time. Data is managed and stored in one unique environment and one single database, providing security and promoting collaboration. Learn more here.
Including xDesign, an easy-to-use browser-based 3D modelling app to create parametric modeling, using common CAD features. xDesign also has advanced features, like Design Guidance powered by artificial intelligence and Design Assistant powered by machine learning – both of which rapidly accelerate the modeling process. Learn more here.
Including xShape, a 3D subdivision (sub-D) modeling tool for creating stylized and organic shapes, with intuitive push-pull direct modeling. Design complex organic shapes in minutes instead of hours! Learn more here.
The SOLIDWORKS Connector allows SOLIDWORKS Desktop and the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform to communicate bilaterally in either direction. If you’re already using SOLIDWORKS desktop, you can connect existing projects seamlessly to the Platform, introducing features and workflows beyond SOLIDWORKS desktop capabilities. The best of both worlds at your fingertips – the choice is yours.
So to summarize, you now have an amazing cloud-based toolkit you can now access from anywhere, anytime on any device – even on a Mac – wherever and whenever inspiration hits. With the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform – level-up, land the big job and fill up that piggy bank.
This all sounds great – but where can you buy the new Student Edition bundle? Right here on our online store. It’s only $99/year +tax. AND the best part is you still have access to the full suite of SOLIDWORKS Desktop portfolio – including MySolidWorks access and Certification vouchers – which includes all these best-in-class products:
- SOLIDWORKS Premium (3D CAD software)
- SOLIDWORKS Simulation Premium (FEA tools)
- SOLIDWORKS Flow Simulation (CFD tools)
- SOLIDWORKS Motion (kinematics analysis)
- SOLIDWORKS Plastics (part and mold filling analysis)
- SOLIDWORKS Sustainability (environmental impact tools)
- SOLIDWORKS Electrical Professional (electrical systems design tools)
- SOLIDWORKS Model-Based Definition (define, organize, and publish 3D PMI)
- SOLIDWORKS Composer (technical documentation tools)
- SOLIDWORKS Visualize (develop rich, photo quality content and VR content)
- SOLIDWORKS CAM Pro (fully integrated, knowledge-based CAM system)
- Free access to MySolidWorks Student (video tutorials, assessments, and much more)
- CSWA and CSWP Certification Voucher
If you’re looking for more information, including short demo videos for some Roles above, watch this 30-minute webinar introducing the exciting new 3DEXPERIENCE Platform for Students:
**Please note your SOLIDWORKS Student Edition and 3DEXPERIENCE 1-year access are both for academic use only, meaning your content is digital watermarked and it cannot be opened up in Commercial versions.
VIEW SOLIDWORKS OFFERS & RESOURCES FOR STUDENTS with access to all your learning content, team sponsorships and so much more.
WATCH HUNDREDS OF TUTORIALS with your included access to MySolidWorks, including loads of videos on the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform.
DOWNLOAD THE STUDENT EDITION QUICKSTART GUIDE to help get you started with your new purchase.