We are excited to announce that Term Licensing will be available for all SOLIDWORKS desktop products including SolidNetWork License (SNL) with the SOLIDWORKS 2023 release scheduled for November 21, 2022. SOLIDWORKS Term Licensing will also be available for the EDU portfolio in January 2023.
What is Term Licensing?
With SOLIDWORKS Term Licensing, you own the right to use SOLIDWORKS software for a predefined and renewable period of time. SOLIDWORKS Term Licensing products offer a flexible and scalable solution with simplified budgeting and lower upfront costs compared to the traditional perpetual licensing model.
What is included?
SOLIDWORKS Term Licensing offers the following benefits during the term period:
- Local technical support provided by your Value-Added Reseller (VAR)
- Immediate access to the latest versions of SOLIDWORKS software and service packs
- Access to SOLIDWORKS product education including the Knowledge Base and MySolidWorks Standard which includes online lessons, eCourses, learning paths, and 3DEXPERIENCE World technical sessions
- Exclusive access to the Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional and SOLIDWORKS Associate exams and exam-preparation resources
Streamlined license management
To help administrators streamline license management, the November release also brings enhancements to SolidNetWork License Manager Server. These enhancements include the ability to easily add/remove new serial numbers without the need to modify the installation, manage license renewals and activations by clearly differentiating between term licenses and perpetual licenses, and sort by column (e.g. by Product, Expires, # licenses, and more) to help focus on licenses that need immediate action.)
Critical Business Issues
- High upfront cost
Entrepreneurs, start-ups, and small businesses often have limited cash flow. SOLIDWORKS Term Licensing enables you to remove barriers to enter new markets and save money by lowering your upfront software costs for the world’s leading CAD software.
- Misalignment between software access and business needs
Company workloads and needs can change from project to project. SOLIDWORKS Term Licensing enables you to access exactly the tools you need for the projects at hand. You can remain agile even as your priorities shift.
- Limited flexibility
The company workforce may fluctuate with turnover and temporary employees or interns. Having the right tools for everybody can be challenging. With SOLIDWORKS Term Licensing, you can purchase, at any time, the right number of seats you need. You can also choose a commitment time that matches your product or project schedules.
- Unpredictable budgets
From year to year, company software budgets can change drastically based on software and maintenance cost. SOLIDWORKS Term Licensing makes budgeting easier. You can spread the cost of your CAD software over multiple years and predict exactly how much you will pay.
Term Licensing will be available for 3 months and 1 year.
- SOLIDWORKS Term Licensing products are available as standalone or SolidNetWork License (SNL).
- Enhancements for SNL Term Licensing are included in the SOLIDWORKS 2023 release and onward. For the best experience, we recommend that customers who purchase SNL term licenses use the SolidNetWork License Manager 2023.
- SOLIDWORKS Term Licensing products use the same installation manager, license manager, and activation process as perpetual license products.
To learn more, contact your local reseller.
To see what’s new in SOLIDWORKS 2023 visit https://www.solidworks.com/product/whats-new.
Registration is live for 3DEXPERIENCE World 2023, the annual user event, taking place in Nashville, Tennessee February 12-15, 2023. Check out the agenda and sessions and register here. Hurry, early-bird pricing ends November 19th.