SolidWorks Educaiton Edition 2014-2015 adds some great new features to Assemblies. Now, you can add rotation to components so you can communicate product assembly processes clearly on drawings and in animations.
This gives you more flexibility over part orientation in exploded views, and you can create rotational explode steps and synchronize with translational steps. It’s also easy to simulate movements, such as doors opening or fasteners unscrewing.
To try out this new feature:
- Select Exploded View from the Assembly toolbar.
- Select fasteners in an assembly.
- Check Rotate about each component origin.
- Enter 3600 (10 x 360) to rotate 10 times.
- Drag the triad to remove the fasteners from the assembly.
- Click OK.
- In the Command Manager, Right-click Animate collapse to see the rotation of the fasteners.
Tip: When you create your exploded view of an assembly, think about how you would disassemble the product. Then when you use Animate collapse, the animation will look like you are assembling the product.
Please take some time to explore our SOLIDWORKS Education 2014-2015 Launch site and discover how SolidWorks gives you and your students the tools to manage every aspect of your design process, from initial layout, to detail design, simulation, communication and collaboration. Marie