Sharing is caring and there’s no better way to demonstrate your appreciation of all things design than giving the gift of CAD. 3D ContentCentral is the best place for you to share your CAD models.
When you share a model to the 3D ContentCentral user library you’re publicizing your work to more than one million of your peers. If you’ve created something useful, cool or time saving, it will get noticed – which is not a bad notch in the belt of your LinkedIn profile.
Further, your work can help peers save time. Fellow users can view your model and incorporate it into their designs. Essentially, you’re doing a public service while getting some exposure for your work. If that’s not enough encouragement, you can just have some fun. This image is just a taste of the fun models you can find on 3D ContentCentral:
If you’re ready to share your models, features, blocks, macros, etc. with more than one million designers and engineers, here’s how you can get started on 3D ContentCentral:
- Share one or more items at once by clicking Upload
Tip: A Single File Upload may be used without installing the Microsoft Silverlight or Java browser plug-ins
- Drag and Drop a file into the window and fill out the File Details
Tip: Make your models more discoverable with 3D ContentCentral search
- Use a clear and descriptive name and enter the optional supplier name, and part number
- Add category and subcategory to make the CAD model easier to find when browsing the User Library and searching
- A good description which includes the CAD model properties such as size, specifications and applications will also make the models more discoverable
- Tags are a good way to classify items to make them easier for others to find. You can assign as many tags as you wish.
- Click Upload to start the upload, your models will appear online after several minutes
Preparing your model for upload:
- CAD models can be uploaded in a variety of CAD formats, including: SolidWorks, Pro/E, STEP, ACIS, IGES, Parasolid, etc.
- Make sure that the files are free of rebuild errors
- 3D ContentCentral is unable to upload files that are too large or too complex.
- Remove cosmetic features such as text and fillets
- Parts should open and rebuild in less than 90 seconds and should contain fewer than 200 features
It is recommended for Assemblies to be smaller than 15 MB (.zip file) and contain fewer than 20 components
Not that you know, go to 3D ContentCentral and start to upload your awesome projects now!