SolidWorks is proud to sponsor teams for Formula SAE, Formula Student, Baja, Formula Hybrid, Supermilage, Clean Snowmobile, Aero, Electric, Solar and other collegiate vehicle competitions. Your team can apply for sponsorship at www.solidworks.com/sae
With sponsorship, you will receive
1. SolidWorks software for CAD, Engineering Analysis, Workgroup PDM, and SolidWorks Sustainability
2. SolidWorks SAE Tutorials, FEA, CFD, and Sustainability Design Tutorials
3. Job Preparation Skills and CAD Certification training
4. Connection to over 200 SolidWorks Users Groups
5. Competitive Racing Stickers
6. Free 3d models from www.3dContentCentral.com
With Full SolidWorks Simulation Capabilities you will be able to perform static analysis, drop test, frequency, optimization, thermal, non-linear, post dynamics and fluid analysis.
We have created tutorials to assist you in your design. The SolidWorks SAE project tutorial provides step-by-step guidelines on modeling and analyzing different subsystems of a SAE vehicle including molding of the intake manifold and flow analysis.
SolidWorks has created a series of YouTube video tutorials to help you too. The SolidWorks Sustainability Tutorial utilizes our environmental tools to calculate the carbon footprint and energy consumed of a brake caliper assembly. New in 2011, you select the type of energy and input estimated energy usage for a complete assembly.
Good luck at this year’s competition. Let us know how we can help you. Marie