Good news! Electrical design just got easier and faster with the latest update in April 2022 of Electrical Schematic Designer, our purpose-built role for electrical system designers.
Electrical Schematic Designer is an easy-to-use, cloud-connected role available in our 3DEXPERIENCE® Works portfolio that enables you to create and store electrical system designs on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform. This role enables the overall design of the electrical system, including schematic creation, selection of manufacturer’s parts, creation of control panel drawings and organization of the design by functional areas and locations, including control panels or specific areas of a machine or other product.
Electrical Schematic Designer has a web-based library of symbols and manufacturer part information, 2D component footprints, and title blocks that streamline tedious electrical design tasks, including terminal block to contact cross-reference assignments.
The bonus is you can create, store, manage, and collaborate on your designs on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform, taking advantage of its cloud-based built-in data and product lifecycle management and collaboration tools.
Here’s what you can look forward to in the latest update.
- Easier Access to Electrical Content Portal with a Single Sign-in – Save time with faster access to your content in one step.
Now with a single sign-in to 3DEXPERIENCE platform, you can gain access to the Electrical Schematic Designer role and the Electrical Content Portal (ECP) without having to sign in separately. This puts a wide range of content right at your fingertips once you sign into Electrical Schematic Designer.
The ECP provides access to content, such as symbols for electrical and fluid schematics, manufacturers parts, 2D component footprints, project templates and more.
- Thumbnail Views for Symbols and Title Blocks – Identify items more quickly and ensure you select the right one.
In the latest release by using thumbnail views, you can more easily identify the symbols and title blocks that are available to you. Thumbnail views accurately represent the items in the My Collaborative Space section on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform.
This enhancement makes selecting items faster and helps ensure you select the correct items to meet your design needs.
That’s a wrap for this round. Stay tuned for more great enhancements coming this summer.
If you have not hopped on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform bandwagon yet, I would like to highlight some of the benefits provided by having roles like Electrical Schematic Designer connected to the platform.
- The 3DEXPERIENCE platform helps reduce IT costs by simplifying software installation and maintenance along with reducing the complexity of managing multiple software programs (roles) by working in one single, cloud-based environment.
- The 3DEXPERIENCE platform simplifies the design process of sharing and collaborating across your organization when using roles such as SOLIDWORKS®, 3D Creator and Electrical Schematic Designer.
- Install and launch Electrical Schematic Designer from the 3DEXPERIENCE platform so you can access your data at anytime from anywhere.
- Manage the lifecycle of any type of content— including electrical projects, 3D design files, simulation models, and documentation—across disciplines and CAD applications.
- View, share, annotate, discuss, visualize, and manage designs from any device with a web browser.
Also you can learn more about the specifics of the electrical design capabilities this great solution has to offer see my last blog here.