Look! Up in the sky. What is it? Dun, dun, dun. (cue music) It’s xWorks!
Do design and engineering woes have you in a bind? Have no fear, xWorks is here! Meet the xWorks team and conquer all your design and manufacturing needs.
The xWorks team is made up of our powerful browser-based roles available in our 3DEXPERIENCE® Works portfolio. We’ve got something for everyone: whether your thing is design, rendering, sheet metal or manufacturing we’ve got you covered.
Without further ado, let’s meet the team so you can determine which superheroes and solutions are best for you to help you get your job done.
xDesign is the team leader, a powerful, easy to use and flexible solution for 3D parametric modeling. He’s super intuitive and key powers include:
- Streamlined workflows with the Design Assistant, cutting repetitive tasks with machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI)
- Unrivalled editability with patented “super features” including extrude, revolve, sweep, and thread features
- Speed, agility, and mobility—like all of xWorks, xDesign only needs a browser and internet connection to save the day
xShape is the ultimate shapeshifter. His specialty is Sub-D modeling, which uses a simple push-pull interaction to form a shape. He’s very flexible and can create organic, complex shapes very quickly. His powers include:
- Refine, modify, and move points, edges, faces, and groups of faces with maximum control
- Sketch guides enables images and sketches to be used to create 3D surface geometry
- Ability to automatically convert subdivision surfaces to NURBS geometry
xFrame is the sharpest of the group and can help you make the cut like no other. She can analyze structures and generate cut-lists like the speed of light. Her powers include:
- Create structure members based on model edges, 2D sketch elements, or curves
- Automatically generate a cut list based on the design for use in fabrication
- Selection Helper offers selections based on the current model and selections you’ve made in the past
xStudio will win you over, and also your customers by bringing your ideas to life. She enables you to visualize your products in photorealistic quality. Working her magic, she will make your products shine. Her powers include:
- Create beautiful renderings of products with intuitive and professional camera and lighting settings
- Stage products interactively in global illumination, directly in the web browser, to produce stunning renderings on the cloud and pay only when a render is triggered
- Put your products on a pedestal so to speak and showcase them on interactive turntables in 360° view to win your customers over
Meet xSheetMetal, the fiercest of all the heroes, who will smash your model (so to speak) giving you a flattened view of your design. xSheetmetal creates accurate detailed sheet metal designs that are manufacturing ready. Its powers include:
- Ability to see what your pattern will look like in flattened form with the ability to easily switch between 2D and 3D
- Built-in AI and machine learning engine that mimics how you design and predicts your next move
- Enables you to review and prepare accurate 2D flat patterns for manufacturing that always stay up to date with the folded geometry
xDefine is quite the genius and knows everything about manufacturing—the tolerances needed, the surface finish, and more. They will have your designs ready for the manufacturing floor in no time. Don’t let their size fool you—whether you need 3D definition or 2D drawings, they’ve got you covered. Their powers include:
- Easily define 3D models and quickly produce 2D drawings from them in a few mouse clicks
- Capture various orthogonal, axonometric, and custom views at desired perspectives and zoom levels
- Make changes with confidence. Annotations, dimensions and tolerances update automatically with model changes for both the model-based definition and 2D drawings
Meet xMold, the master of mold making. He’s got the solution for all your molding needs, including the creation of mold core, cavities, and inserts. Cut design time from hours to minutes with these powers:
- Output mold core, cavity, and insert components quickly and easily for manufacturing and 3D printing
- Reduce mold tooling time to market and improve plastic part manufacturability
- Guided step-by-step workflows make the process easier and faster than ever before
xHighlight is big on communication. It possesses some of the rendering and staging capabilities of xStudio and can also get very technical and descriptive. Powers include:
- Easily create outstanding product shots, renderings, videos, presentations and technical illustrations from your CAD model
- Build interactive product training to promote your product in a compelling way
- Create technical illustrations for user guides or functional product descriptions with maximum accuracy
Who is your favorite xWorks team member? The good news is all our superheroes get along well together so you can choose multiple superheroes. In addition to the featured powers mentioned all the roles run on the cloud-based 3DEXPERIENCE platform so each one has data management and collaboration capabilities as well.
You, our clients, are the true superheroes here. What we’re hoping to do is empower you to make better designs and get your products to market faster with these roles available in the SOLIDWORKS® Cloud Offer.
You can get more acquainted with the heroes and their powers here: https://super.solidworks.com/.