Billed as the “World’s Greatest Aviation Celebration” by the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) that hosts the annual event, AirVenture 2021 is taking place this week in Oshkosh, WI, celebrating the 51st edition of the event. Along with all of those planes, people, and fried cheese curd vendors is a small crew of SOLIDWORKS employees and users that are participating in the event itself.
Now, while there are a few SOLIDWORKS employees that do have private pilots licenses, none of them will be performing ‘Cuban 8’s’, ‘Low Approach Passes’, or ‘High G Turns’ in the ‘Show Box’ during the 7-day event. Some will be staffing the EAA Member Benefits Booth, and others will be teaching and coaching show attendees at the SOLIDWORKS University which will be located in the EAA Aviation Museum on the airport property. Here, attendees can sit down for an hour long session to learn basic SOLIDWORKS tools and features taught by true SOLIDWORKS Experts.
Also at this year’s event EAA Members, as well as the general aviation community, will learn about an exciting update to the EAA Member SOLIDWORKS Benefit which has been in place for the past 5 years.
We’re adding the all new 3DXEPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS for Makers Edition upgrade to the previous offer. EAA members have the chance to get the following all new benefits:
- 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS Professional, the standard for professional CAD users
- 3D Creator and 3D Sculptor, the next generation of design tools that are online, browser-based, and built for collaboration
- Access to an expanded professional ecosystem to rapidly prototype your parts or provide engineering services via the 3DEXPERIENCE Marketplace
- No need to start from scratch—connect with other makers and customize shared models
- Intuitive cloud-connected CAD modeling tools that the professionals use
- Fully online design solutions you can access from any web browser—no download required
- Online communities filled with makers from fab labs, makerspaces, influencers, and more from around the globe— all ready to connect and share their designs, ideas, and expertise
- Support to help you get the most out of 3DEXPERIENCE® SOLIDWORKS for Makers
With a retail value of USD $99/year, and a monthly subscription version coming soon in Fall 2021, EAA Members receive a 50% discount off the annual price of 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS for Makers as a part of their Members Benefits package.
Also included is access to take the Certified 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS Associate Exam once a year, a USD $99 value.
Additional benefits will be offered throughout the year including a quarterly live training webinar delivered by product managers from SOLIDWORKS.
We’re excited to take flight at AirVenture 2021! For more information visit: