Due to the relatively good weather in San Diego all year long, attractions don’t have to close during the so-called Winter months. Here are some places you may wish to visit while in San Diego after SolidWorks World 2014. Have fun with these ideas!
- San Diego Zoo
- San Diego Zoo Safari
- Sea World San Diego
- Legoland California
- San Diego Air & Space Museum
- Belmont Park
- Balboa Park
- Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego
- USS Midway
- San Diego Automotive Museum
Enjoying the town
- San Diego’s Downtown – Creation of downtown areas for denizens has become an art form by its own right in California. Practically every little town to big city has a developed downtown. San Diego is no exception. Of particular interest is the The Gaslamp Quarter and Little Italy.
- Seaport Village – Great place in the San Diego harbor for dinner, explore shops and more.
- Coronado Island – Beautiful area to explore, just over the bridge!
- East Village – Up and coming area near The Gaslamp Quarter.
- Old Town San Diego – A completely different experience than Downtown, allowing you to explore California’s diverse heritage.
Enjoying the area
- San Diego’s wine country – as other wine regions in California, might be worth the time to explore.
- La Jolla Cove – Beautiful beach and cove.
- Pacific Coast Highway – for those who may want to drive along the beautiful California coastline. This could be a couple of hours to a couple of days, depending on how far you want to drive and how much you want to see.
- Fiesta Island – Beaches…beaches everywhere.