What is 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS for Students offer? 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS for Students offer is a collection of Computer Aided Design (CAD) software applications to help engineering and design students.
- First, there is 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS. Just like SOLIDWORKS, 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS installs on your own computer with Windows 10 64 bit. The difference? With 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS, you save SOLIDWORKS files (parts, assemblies, drawings) to a cloud storage space that can be accessed through a web browser.
- Second, there is 3D Designer for Students, a collection of cloud apps that help you create new designs and utilize SOLIDWORKS components. The CAD apps xDesign and xShape are available from any web browser. You can use Mac’s, Tablets, and Chromebooks too.
- Third, 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS for Students comes loaded with hours of learning content and included Certification, to upskill yourself and land your dream job. Plus you also gain access to a dedicated Student global community, where your peers, experts and Dassault Systèmes employees are here to help you!
Who is eligible for this student offer? 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS for Students is available to students that do not have access to SOLIDWORKS applications at school. The offer is for individual student use and can be used for school assignments, projects and building job skills.
How does it work? 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS installs on your computer. You need Windows 10 64 bit for local installation of 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS, based on SOLIDWORKS 2021 technology and file formats. You save SOLIDWORKS components to secure cloud storage space.
You also receive browser-based 3D Designer for Students, a collection of cloud CAD apps, that can be used anywhere on any device, such as Macs, Tablets and Chromebooks. The 3D Designer collection contains the SOLIDWORKS xDesign app and the SOLIDWORKS xShape app. The app, xDesign allows you to create prismatic parts and assemblies. The app, xShape allows you to create organic shapes – like digital clay – with sub division modeling techniques. With the x key you can switch between xDesign and xShape.
You may already have cloud storage for photos and documents through other apps. Now with the 3DEXPERIENCE platform, you have cloud CAD apps.
In addition, the SOLIDWORKS Connector app provides access to open and save components, to and from 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS, locally installed on a Windows based laptop/desktop and the xDesign/xShape cloud apps.
Note: Do not install 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS for Students if you have other SOLIDWORKS applications installed on your Windows laptop/desktop.
Where else can I get access to SOLIDWORKS tools?
- As a student, enrolled in a SOLIDWORKS based course, you should have access to SOLIDWORKS Education Edition and 3D Designer for Education at your school. Our local resellers provide free SOLIDWORKS student licensing to schools. Ask your instructor.
- If you are part of a competitive student team, in a national or international student competition, you can apply for SOLIDWORKS Student Sponsorship and or a 3DEXPERIENCE Student Challenge.
If you want to explore new SOLIDWORKS technology and want your own copy of SOLIDWORKS and new cloud design apps, then 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS for Students is your option. There is a special price just for students, student ID will be verified at time of purchase. This offer is available in 14 countries and more are coming soon.
What about class assignments? Verify with your instructor what file formats are required for class assignments.
What about simulation? If you need simulation and analysis, check out 3DEXPERIENCE Engineer for Students.
What about a student project team? 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS for Students is for individual use. See web page for additional benefits and restrictions. Collaborative space for student teams and classes is available with our SOLIDWORKS educational institution offerings.
The 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS for Students provides online training, certification and a world student community, providing the best experiences the best CAD software on the planet!
Be well. Marie