Robots are everywhere. Our commercial customers design and manufacture great robots and automation systems. Now all US FIRST teams can use the same software tools as our commercial customers. Use our easy application apply for sponsorship process for SolidWorks Sponsorship at www.solidworks.com/FIRST.
As a USFIRST supplier to the virtual kit of parts, with SolidWorks Robot Sponsorship, teams will receive:
SolidWorks 3D CAD Software for mechanical, part, assembly, drawings and
- Sheet metal and Weldments
- Photorealistic Rendering
- Toolbox – fastener library of components
- eDrawings for sharing
- SolidWorks Costing
SolidWorks Electrical Software for electro-mechanical, control system design
- SolidWorks Electrical 2D Schematic for single line and multiline schematics
- SolidWorks Electrical 3D for incorporating into you 3D CAD model, Bill of Material, and cable/wire harness
SolidWorks Simulation for engineering analysis and simulation – to test your design in a real-world environment
- SolidWorks Simulation Premium for stress, thermal, fatigue, structural design optimization
- SolidWorks Flow Simulation for flow analysis
- SolidWorks Motion for kinematic analysis
- SolidWorks Sustainability for environmental factor simulation
- SolidWorks Plastics for manufacturing simulation of injection modeled parts
Workgroup PDM to keep track of design revisions
Through our www.solidworks.com/FIRST web page, teams have access to our SolidWorks Tutorials for Getting Started and our FRC video tutorial series, complete with assembly models. Now is the time to review SolidWorks tutorials and our robot models. We are working on the 2014 kit of parts both for SolidWorks 3D CAD and SolidWorks Electrical. They will be available in early January.
Teams can also get familiar with My SolidWorks, a place to connect, share and discover everything SolidWorks. Here FIRST teams can have access to our parts catalog, 3DContentCentral, SolidWorks forums, and tips about using SolidWorks.
Teams can also share their models on our SolidWorks Education Facebook page.
Now is the time to apply for SolidWorks sponsorship and get ready for a great 2014 season.
For 10 years we have been supporting FIRST team and mentors that asked us. We just made the process easier.
SolidWorks software is based on SolidWorks Premium 2013. Model files will be watermarked, “for educational use only.” SolidWorks supports international FRC teams. All software fulfillments are subject to US export compliance.
We wish all teams the best in this upcoming season. Marie