SOLIDWORKS Simulation 2017 delivers new enhancements, together with improved performance, productivity and quality. Our goal is to help our users set up, solve and interrogate their simulation results faster, easier and in a robust manner. Today a wide range of users involved in product development can leverage SOLIDWORKS Simulation to make better, safer and more competitive products. From the occasional user to the full-time Simulation guru, all users will see improvements in SOLIDWORKS Simulation in 2017. For example, here are a few of the productivity updates you will find: 85 percent less software bugs than compared to three years ago, computation time drastically reduced, particularly when solving contacts, and displaying linear dynamic results 4 times faster with a file size twice smaller. So, however you use SOLIDWORKS Simulation, with this new release you will experience a boost in productivity with set-up, reuse, diagnosis, solving, post-processing and result display of your simulation results.
Here are the top five enhancements that both designers and simulation novices will love in SOLIDWORKS Simulation 2017:
- Your level of confidence will go up with the new Hot Spot Diagnostics tool (pending patent). Stress singularities are not only for PhDs anymore. Stress singularities can distort the Simulation results due to sharp corners, point loads or boundary conditions applied to geometrical entities. You can now easily detect and ignore stress singularities with the new Stress Hot Spot Diagnostics tool so you are confident about your results.
- Don’t reinvent the wheel and reuse existing simulation studies for different study types. Easily make a copy and convert a linear static into a different study type, such a non-linear static or linear dynamic study, with the same simulation set-up.
- If you are not sure of what solver fits your simulation purpose the best, the new intelligent solver switch will automatically select the most appropriate solver depending on your simulation model.
- You expect everything you do in simulation to update when the design changes and you’re right! Now beam joints also automatically update.
- You love to show your product design in action to your manager or customer. Now you can display your simulation results in the context of your CAD assembly.
Here are the top five enhancements that simulation experts will enjoy in SOLIDWORKS Simulation 2017:
- Offload your simulation computation to a more powerful machine on your network and free up your local memory.
- Don’t wait anymore when displaying your linear dynamic analysis results. Thanks to the improved performance and to the reduced result file size of linear dynamic analysis post processing, you will display your results faster and manage your result files easier.
- No more forced long coffee breaks…Solving time has been reduced, especially when computing assemblies with contacts and solving with the FFE Plus solver.
- Get fancier with your simulation, non-linear contact analysis has been expanded to buckling analysis when faces become in contact during the simulation.
- Interrogate your results wherever you want in your model; you can now probe results at selected nodes.
In summary, SOLIDWORKS Simulation 2017 is bringing many new enhancements, better productivity, improved performance and robustness for every user. To learn more, visit the SOLIDWORKS 2017 launch website and upgrade to SOLIDWORKS 2017 now.