SOLIDWORKS Subscription users have a host of new professional development and productivity features at their fingertips by activating their free MySolidWorks Professional serial number. Once you have contacted your reseller to sign up for MySolidWorks Professional, you can follow the simple steps below to activate it.
Click here to get the details of MySolidWorks Professional – here are some highlights:
- More than 500 online training videos.
- Cloud storage capabilities.
- Take SOLIDWORKS Certification prep courses.
- Connect with a network of manufacturers in your area.
Now that you have an overview of benefits, here’s how you can activate MySolidWorks Professional in a few simple steps:
- Visit the SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal and either:
- Login using your existing login information
- Create a new SOLIDWORKS ID by clicking the “Create a SOLIDWORKS ID” button and using your company email credentials
- After you login to the customer portal, locate and follow the “register my products” link.
- Input your MySolidWorks Professional serial number that was provided by your reseller. Note: be certain to remove any spaces in your serial number, especially if you’re using cut and paste to enter your data.
- Next, you’ll be asked to select a version. Click on the “Check Mark” to get the product list and select MySolidWorks Professional.
- You will receive a confirmation that your serial number has been registered.
- Navigate your browser to “My Products”.
- Locate “MySolidWorks Professional” on your list. Note: it may take around 15 minutes for MySolidWorks Professional to appear.
- Once “MySolidWorks Professional” appears on your products list, login to My.SolidWorks.com. Remember: This login will use the same information as the credentials used in your Customer Portal account from step one. If you are already logged into MySolidWorks, you may have to logout and back in to see MySolidWorks Professional features.
- Now you should test your account to ensure that MySolidWorks Professional has activated. Do this by choosing the Training option. If the Freeform Feature has an “Add” button instead of an “Upgrade” button, you have successfully activated your MySolidWorks Professional account. Note: if it still lists “Upgrade” try logging out and then logging in again.
- If you receive any error messages or have any questions, please contact your reseller.