Discover what’s new in the Enterprise Pack Offering for DraftSight. The new release of DraftSight, V1R5.0, includes new, user-driven features to help companies and educators reduce software compliance issues and deployment challenges, and enhance customization and integration.
Highlights of New Release V1R5.0:
The following are the new features in the free version of DraftSight V1R5.0:
- Search in Options: Simply type in the search box (from the Options menu) what you are looking for, and you will be provided with the path to the location of the topic in the Options dialog.
- Quick Group: Quickly create EntityGroups by using the right mouse button.
- iQuestions integration: Using the Community tab, log into the DraftSight online SwYm community to search and ask questions in the iQuestions section.
The following are the new features of V1R5.0 for the Enterprise and Professional Pack Offerings for DraftSight, including the features in the free version listed above:
- Batch Printing: Send a set of drawings and Sheets to printers in a batch job. Users can save batch print jobs to Batch Print List (*.bpl) files for subsequent use.
- Note: Users can only batch print Sheets with PageLayouts and Print Configurations associated to them, either directly for the specific Sheets or by PageLayouts stored in other drawings/Print Configurations stored in Print Configuration files. Also, within each PageLayout and Print Configuration used in batch prints, users must specify a printer.
- Layer Preview: Quickly preview the content of layers one by one or by a set of specified layers. The command lets users examine which entities are on which layers and allows users to temporarily close the dialog box to view the layer preview without the dialog box on top.
- PDF Underlay: Attach pages of a PDF document to a drawing with the AttachPDF command. The command links the specified file as a reference to the current drawing.
- Standard Compliant Drawings: Use the VerifyStandards command to check that the current drawing conforms to industry, corporate, and custom standards. The command checks whether names and properties of Layers, LineStyles, DimensionStyles, and TextStyles in the current drawing match those in associated standards files. Users can replace nonstandard items to be compliant, flag them to be ignored, or leave them as they are.
- Mass Properties Calculations: Calculate and display the mass properties of Regions. This command reports the included area, perimeter, and centroid of the specified Region. Information about the custom coordinate system (CSS) for the Region is displayed (CCS name, CCS origin, and definition of the X-, Y-, and Z- axes of the CCS).
- Macro Recording: The quickest and easiest way to start programming with the DraftSight API is to record a macro, which contains the DraftSight API calls that correspond to the actions performed interactively in DraftSight.