For SolidWorks 2012, the Equation Editor has been completely revamped for easier navigation and use, with a completely redesigned dialog box for creating and editing equations. Now you can perform all tasks
related to equations in one dialog box without needing to open additional windows. You can also create equations and global variables directly in the Modify dialog box for dimensions.
Enhancements to equations functionality include:
- Automatic determination of the proper solve order of equations, to avoid circular references and reduce equation troubleshooting
- Automatic solving of cases that previously required multiple rebuilds
- An automatic rebuild option, to display graphically the impact of each change to equations
- The ability to create permanent links to external text files, to make these files easily accessible
- Support for instance numbers, to provide unambiguous references to components in an assembly
- A new measure option to speed up the process of creating reference dimensions
- New syntax using "if" statements and the ability to use the =, <=, and => conditional operators
Other enhancements include type-ahead capabilities and drop-down lists to speed up entering
equations, and automatic syntax checking to increase accuracy.
Visit our SolidWorks 2012 website to learn more about new equations functionality and all of the other enhancements included in the 20th release of SolidWorks.