The unrelenting need for speed, efficiency, and quality makes manufacturing one of the most demanding businesses to run today. Staying connected 24/7 to make the most of every opportunity while controlling costs are table stakes for staying competitive. In addition, coping with labor shortages, supply chain disruptions, and rising prices requires an always-on mindset when it comes to succeeding at manufacturing. Cloud Hosted ERP can help.
Cloud Hosted ERP is gaining momentum because it provides several financial advantages that reduce the Total Cost of Ownership and save IT teams’ time to work on revenue-generating projects. It’s also proving effective in providing the IT system resources manufacturers need as their businesses change in response to customer and market needs.
What Is Cloud Hosted ERP Services?
Cloud Hosted ERP is designed to free manufacturers from the time-consuming and expensive task of purchasing and maintaining servers, operating systems, and application software by offering to host their ERP software in a secure, state-of-the-art data center. In addition, hosting providers automate ERP and related software updates, provide 24/7 monitoring for uptime and performance, and ensure data and applications are secure while offering offsite backups, backup testing, and more.
Manufacturers also benefit from enterprise-grade security as providers continue investing in state-of-the-art cybersecurity technologies and techniques, including vulnerability scanning, remediation, Endpoint Detection, and Response (EDR).
Helping Manufacturers Control IT Costs
Relying on Cloud Hosted ERP providers reduces software licenses, upgrades, server upgrades, and related costs. In addition, IT teams are freed from updating local servers, making time available for more revenue-generating projects that manufacturers need to stay competitive and helping manufacturers get more in control of IT and infrastructure costs by:
- Reduce capital spending on hardware and eliminate costly hardware maintenance contracts, reducing the Total Cost of Ownership.
- Improve and gain greater visibility and control over direct and indirect IT Operations costs.
- Scale back purchasing storage.
- Improve IT capacity planning and application Performance Monitoring to scale up operations
- Capitalize on the provider’s ability to buy hardware and bandwidth that adapts to manufacturers’ fluctuating needs for IT resources.
- Improve IT teams’ productivity by relying on cloud hosting providers to keep ERP systems current.
- Reduce the high costs of a cyberattack by relying on the hosting providers’ extensive expertise in cybersecurity. Cloud Hosted ERP providers often offer a series of state-of-the-art cybersecurity techniques and technologies, including vulnerability scanning, remediation, Endpoint Detection, and Response (EDR).
Manufacturers’ IT departments must adapt quickly to changing customer demands while balancing supply chain constraints and escalating prices to stay competitive. Relying on Cloud Hosted ERP provides compelling cost advantages and the flexibility IT teams need to be more responsive, work on more revenue-generating projects and stay focused on customers’ changing needs.