This month the CATI Dedicated Support Team took on the tools that are often missed when working with SOLIDWORKS Toolbox. These tools are Beam Calculations, Bearing Calculations, Structural Steel, Grooves, and Cams. The tools will be visible in the Tools, Toolbox pull-down menu when the Toolbox add-in is turned on.
The calculators allow users to:
- Bearing Calculator – Calculate bearing capacity ratings and basic life values.
- Structural Steel and Beam Calculator – Perform deflection and stress calculations on structural steel cross sections, and insert the cross section into a part file.
- Grooves – Add industry standard O-ring and retaining grooves to your cylindrical model.
- Cams – Create fully-defined motion paths and follower types.
There are many tools and resources that you can use to determine the proper parameters to use form these function, but SOLIDWORKS has built these tools into the current interface. They allow us to take the guess work out, and we can make better decisions during the initial design phase. This allows us to make better parts, which is always one of our top priorities.
You can follow this series on the CATI Blog as the team breaks down each of the tools in detail. All of these articles will be stored in the category of Daily Dose…..of SolidWorks Support and links to each article with their release date are listed below:
- The Hidden Treasures of SOLIDWORKS Toolbox – Part 1 (Bryan Pawlak 3/31/15)
- The Hidden Treasures of SOLIDWORKS Toolbox – Part 2 (John Van Engen 4/1/15)
- The Hidden Treasures of SOLIDWORKS Toolbox – Part 3 (Blake Cokinis 4/2/15)
- The Hidden Treasures of SOLIDWORKS Toolbox – Part 4 (Neil Bucalo 4/13/15)
CATI Support Manager