Have you ever had a question for Tech Support but don’t know how to describe it? SOLIDWORKS Rx can be used to help diagnose issues with your computer, perform SOLIDWORKS aware system maintenance, or capture and review problems.
To capture a problem for our Tech Support to review, follow these steps carefully:
- Close SolidWorks
- From the Windows Start menu, click on -> All Programs > SolidWorks> SolidWorks Tools > SolidWorks Rx.
- Click on the Problem Capture tab
- Hit the “Record Video” button and SolidWorks will launch a session.
- When prompted, select “Start Recording”. Then reenact the task you have a question about. Make your mouse movements slow and deliberate so that they will show up in the video. When finished hit “Finish Recording”.
- Select “OK” when prompted to shut down SolidWorks.
- If the question uses specific SolidWorks files, choose to “Add Files” otherwise skip this step.
- Next, choose to “Package Files Now” and save the .Zip file to your desktop or some other easy to find location.
- Once the “Package Complete” message is show click the “Continue to Step 3” button.
- Next you will need to describe the question using a form. Hit the “Continue” button.
- Fill out the from to include helpful information and click “OK”.
- Browse to the .zip file location and email it to your Tech Support.