For over 12 years, SOLIDWORKS Edu team has provided the SOLIDWORKS Military Veterans Program (MVP) to US and Canadian Veterans. We also support Veterans in our Start-up program and manufacturing training organizations like Workshop for Warriors. MySolidWorks provides free online training to Veterans. MakebyMe is a free DIY software application for wood working. The SOLIDWORKS User Group Community and SOLIDWORKS Forum are great places for Veterans to learn more about SOLIDWORKS programs.
SOLIDWORKS MILITARY VETERANS Program
SOLIDWORKS is a proud supporter of our active military and veterans, and thank them for their service. We are pleased to offer the SOLIDWORKS Student Edition at a discounted rate to military actively serving in the US or Canada and/or veterans. Veterans can receive a copy of the SOLIDWORKS Student Edition for $20.
The SOLIDWORKS Student Edition, 12 month license, includes the following features to enhance your designing and learning experience:
- SOLIDWORKS Premium (3D CAD software)
- SOLIDWORKS Simulation Premium (FEA tools)
- SOLIDWORKS Flow Simulation (CFD tools)
- SOLIDWORKS Motion (Kinematics analysis)
- SOLIDWORKS Plastics Premium(Part and mold filling analysis)
- SOLIDWORKS Sustainability (Environmental impact tools)
- SOLIDWORKS Electrical Professional (Electrical systems design tools)
- SOLIDWORKS CAM Professional (Integrate design and manufacturing processes)
- SOLIDWORKS Model-Based Definition (Define, organize, and publish 3D PMI)
- SOLIDWORKS Composer (Technical documentation tools)
- SOLIDWORKS Visualize Professional (Develop rich, photo quality content)
- MySolidWorks for Students (Your connection to everything SOLIDWORKS)
- eDrawings® Professional (Viewing and publishing application)
With MySolidWorks training, you get hours of free online learning.
Are you a Veteran wanting to start your own company to design and manufacture a physical product? Our Start-up Program – www.solidworks.com/startups helps Veteran start up’s get software and support.
Workshop for Warriors
We’ve had the pleasure of supporting Workshop for Warriors, which helps to train, certify and place veterans, wounded warriors, and transitioning service members into advanced manufacturing careers.
One of my best career experiences was visiting Workshop for Warriors in San Diego. They provide our SOLIDWORKS Certification Exams to their students for an industry standard credential. Along with certifications in manufacturing, Haas CNC, and welding, Workshop for Warriors has 100% job placement.
Are you a Veteran that likes DIY projects or working with wood? MakeByMe is free software to help you design, assembly and create a bill of material cut list to bring to Home Depot or your favorite lumber store. From standard wood sizes, MakeByMe even works on a smart phone. Try this Birdhouse project.
Veterans. Thank you for your service.
Design well. Marie