Now in its ninth year, Project of the Year (POTY) is sponsored by the 3DEXPERIENCE Edu team. Students from around the world can showcase their designs created with SOLIDWORKS and Dassault Systèmes solutions, providing them with an opportunity to build important skills and gain recognition for their innovative ideas.
Our 2020 contest received over 250 projects from 27 different countries, with 17 prize-winning entries. Check out some of the highlights: 2020 POTY Winner Highlights!
Students can create a new design or submit an existing project. To help you along, you can request free student sponsorship with any of our Dassault Systèmes solutions. Learn more about free student sponsorship, please visit: www.solidworks.com/studentsponsorship.
How to enter
Don’t miss this amazing opportunity to showcase your designs! Go to the 2021 POTY Challenge web site to learn more about our judging criteria and challenge rules. You have 5 ways to win 16 different prizes including an iPad, Nintendo Switch, and more!
- One Jury Prize chosen by a panel of Dassault Systèmes experts
- Three 3DEXPERIENCE platform projects selected by Dassault Systèmes employees
- Three Brand Prizes selected by brand juries for the best projects using CATIA, SIMULIA and SOLIDWORKS
- Three Sustainability Prizes to the projects the jury feels have the greatest potential environmental impact
- One Instagram prize rewarding the most liked reposted project showcased on @3DXEDU.
In addition to tech prizes, each winner will receive a coupon to 3D print their project with the 3DEXPERIENCE | Make On Demand Manufacturing platform!
The contest is open for entries from May 4, 2021 through June 13, 2021. Promote your project via Instagram by adding #POTY2K21 and tagging @3DXEdu. We will repost on our page and invite the public to vote for their favorite between June 14, 2021 and June 25, 2021.
Best of luck to all who enter. Hurry! The first 50 projects will receive a special swag bag!