One of our goals at SOLIDWORKS is to help students become successful. One way to do this is to supply them with the tools and resources they need to become the engineers and innovators of tomorrow. SOLIDWORKS is pleased to offer student design teams free Student Sponsorship.
Student teams now have the choice of using our SOLIDWORKS desktop product, which includes over twelve powerful design, and engineering products. Or the 3DExperience Platform, a cloud-based portfolio of integrated tools and apps. Teams can apply for both sponsorships separately if they choose.
Each member of design team will receive a personal license of the SOLIDWORKS Student Edition. Which includes:
- SOLIDWORKS Premium (3D CAD software
- SOLIDWORKS Simulation Premium (FEA tools)
- SOLIDWORKS Flow Simulation, Electronics Cooling Module and HVAC module (CFD tools)
- SOLIDWORKS Motion (kinematics analysis)
- SOLIDWORKS Plastics Premium (part and mold filling analysis)
- SOLIDWORKS Sustainability (environmental impact tools)
- SOLIDWORKS Electrical Professional (electrical systems design tools)
- SOLIDWORKS Model-Based Definition (define, organize, and publish 3D PMI)
- SOLIDWORKS PCB (electronics design technology)
- SOLIDWORKS Visualize Professional Visualize Boost (develop rich, photo quality content)
- SOLIDWORKS Composer (technical documentation tools)*
- SOLIDWORKS CAM Professional (integrate design and manufacturing processes)
- MySolidWorks for Students* (resource for all things SOLIDWORKS)
* Does not include eCourses.
Each member of design team will receive access to the 3DEXPERIENCE platform, which will allow them to take advantage of the following platform capabilities:
- View, share, annotate, discuss and manage designs from anywhere, at any time and on any device with a web browser.
- Avoid rework and data translation errors through seamless interaction with SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD and other 3DEXPERIENCE design tools such as 3D Sculptor.
- Enable design and engineering students to collaborate more closely through a seamless connection with SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD.
- Collaborate with all internal and external team members through cloud-based dashboards, messaging, activity streams, communities and drag-and-drop task management.
- Securely manage your data and all facets of your product development process on the platform.
- Control revisions with specialized tools, cementing industry best practices to use after graduation.
Students get access to numerous resources for both SOLIDWORKS Desktop as well as the 3DEXPERIENCE platform.
- Over 100 tutorials built right into SOLIDWORKS software
- MySolidworks provides access to hundreds of SOLIDWORKS training videos, to expand your knowledge on your own schedule and at your own pace.
- 25 YouTube™ videos in the SOLIDWORKS tutorial playlist www.youtube.com/solidworks, and thousands of videos on the internet.
- Parts Library at www.3dContentCentral.com
- Access to the 3DEXPERIENCE Edu|Student 3DSwym community. This is the place for all students using the 3DEXPERIENCE platform to exchange with each other, share their work and get help when needed from our experts.
Students must apply for sponsorship annually. Apply now to get access to the best-in-class software the pros use every day!