For a few years, I’ve posted about things that you can enjoy while in town for SOLIDWORKS World. Previous cities include Phoenix, Dallas, and San Diego. The difference this year is that SOLIDWORKS World 2017 will be in Los Angeles, CA. Los Angeles is the second largest city and metropolis the USA. Areas to visit include Hollywood, Anaheim, Beverly Hills, etc. However, all of these have their own lists of attractions. As such, this year’s “things to do” will narrow. It will include some highlights and some interesting obscurities. This is not an endorsement of these places over other places. It’s just a starting point for you to explore what is available. Have fun exploring!
- Universal Studios and CityWalk
- Disneyland and California Adventure
- Six Flags Magic Mountain
- Pacific Park
- Knotts Berry Park
- Castle Park
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art
- La Brea Tar Pits and Museum
- Natural History Museum
- The Broad
- Griffith Observatory
- Petersen Automotive Museum
- …and literally hundreds more
Enjoying the town
- Paramount Studio Tours
- Rodeo Drive
- Touring of Stars’ Homes or star watch at various venues
- Hollywood Walk of Fame and nearby Chinese Theatre
- Sunset Boulevard
- Downtown Los Angeles, including historic areas such as Olvera Street
- Long Beach
Enjoying the area
- Tour Central Coast Wine Countries of Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo counties.
- Visit the unusual Solvang.
- Explore Channel Islands or Santa Catalina Island. You might spot flying fish (and whales, of course)
- Enjoy a scenic drive through San Bernardino National Forest.
- Check out Joshua Tree National Park. (BTW, Joshua Trees aren’t actually trees.)
- Take a Pacific Coast Highway road trip.
- The original name of Los Angeles isn’t exactly known, but it was long; something similar to El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora de los Angeles de la Porciuncula.
- Beverly Hills High School has its own oil well, dubbed Tower of Hope.
- Speed of Light was first measured in Los Angeles County by Albert A. Michelson.