- Start a new part file in SolidWorks that will be used for creation of the part template.
- Set items as normal in your template such as Document Properties, Material, Custom Properties, Start Geometry.
- Sketch up a simple part to turn into Sheet Metal (this can be very generic, even a plate, dimensions of sketch are not important).
- Use the Base Flange command on your Sketch from step 4 and adjust properties to your companies liking (for the example I described above I might check on 'Use Gauge Table' and then select my custom table from the list - I could even specify a custom K-Factor or Bend Allowance at this time that I also want as my template default).
- Accept the Base Flange command and then promptly delete all the Sheet Metal features and sketches you created.
- File-Save As-Part Template and give a unique name for your template and voila, you just captured those initial Sheet Metal settings for every Base Flange you create using this part template.