One of the things we've heard from SolidWorks World attendees over the past few years is that you'd like to learn more in advance about the SolidWorks partners who set up booths in the Partner Pavilion. So now through the end of SolidWorks World, we'll be posting a series of blog entries about some of the partners you might think about checking out, and the people who will be representing them. Today we hear from Shaun Mymudes, Sales Manager at SolidCAM.
1. Tell us about SolidCAM
SolidCAM is a leading supplier of CAM products devoted to leveraging the power and ease of use of SolidWorks to assist manufacturers get more from what they already have. Going way beyond putting CAM functions at the SolidWorks users fingertips and avoiding CAD file importing issues, SolidCAM supports the complete range of major manufacturing applications including 2.5D Milling, advanced 3D Milling, High-Speed Machining, Multi-sided Indexial 4/5 axes Milling, Simultaneous 5 axes Milling, Turning, Turn-Mill up to 7-axes and WireEDM. SolidCAM assists our customers to grow, with the power and capability to never be outgrown.
The current product, SolidCAM 2010, has advanced through 26 years of continued development and improvements. SolidCAM is widely known for its ease of use combined with its powerful CAM functionality and customized postprocessors that generate ready-to-go CNC-code. SolidCAM is used in the mechanical manufacturing, electronics, medical, consumer products, machine design, automotive and aerospace industries, in mold, tool and die and rapid prototyping shops.
When you contact our support team you are working with a true CNC machinist/programmer with many members having over 20 years of CNC experience. Within minutes, they will have you sharing a computer screen to walk you through any challenges you may have, step by step.
For nearly 10 years, SolidCAM has had the Certified Gold-product status from SolidWorks and provides seamless, single-window integration and full associativity to the SolidWorks design model including parts, assemblies and configurations.
Most successful manufacturing companies are using today integrated CAD/CAM systems to get to market faster and reduce costs. Up to a number of years ago, moving to an integrated CAD/CAM system, that did justice to both worlds of CAD and CAM, was out of reach for most companies. With SolidCAM’s seamless single-window integration in SolidWorks - any size organization can now start to reap the benefits of the combined SolidWorks and SolidCAM solution.
SolidCAM has today more than 15,500 seats installed in industry and education. SolidCAM is sold by a worldwide reseller network in 46 countries. SolidCAM has been on a very rapid growth path since it implemented the SolidWorks integration strategy. SolidCAM has been named by CIMdata as the growth leader in CAM worldwide in five of the last seven years.
2. Why should SolidWorks World attendees visit your booth?
This year we will be featuring our new “iMachining” functionality which takes machining to a new level of efficiency and power. iMachining is the only CAM function that puts over 50 years of Machining experience and skill directly in the CNC programmer’s CAM Toolbox. We also have new product packages that provide an unmatched level of power and efficiency starting at just $1,595. We will also be showing some “sneak peeks at SolidCAM 2011”, our most powerful software release ever.
3. How can your products or services help make a SolidWorks user’s life easier?
Some of the major Benefits of using SolidCAM:
- Tool paths Update when Part changes
- Use feature Tree for picking features
- Scalable with packages for all CNC machine types and Applications
- Powerful and mature simultaneous 5 axes
- Advanced Mill-turn up to 7 axes
- SolidWorks Look and Feel - Single Window interface
- 100’s of SolidCAM Professor 24-7, 365 Right on Website, no Login needed
- iMachining – to cut parts up to 3 times faster with amazing tool life, and the ability to use ultra small tools in even exotic/hard materials.
- Automatic feature recognition for locating and selecting Holes and Pockets
- HSM - High Speed machining for optimized Tool Paths
- HSS - High Speed Surface machining for Undercuts and Single surface constraint.
- Templates and presets for repeated parts and novice users
- Rest material to eliminate air cuts and speed up smaller-tool clean-ups
- Real-time life-like simulations -
- Solid Verification with Gouge and Holder checking
- Full Machine Simulations with Gouge and Holder checking
- Works in the SolidWorks assembly modeler to use Fixtures, Tooling and Vices in simulations
- Open Post processor with Post editing Tools
4. How can customers connect with you at the show? How about before and after?
Attendees can find us at booth #414 in the Partner Pavilion. You can also contact us at
If you're interested in learning more about the partners who will be appearing at SolidWorks World 2011, be sure to check out the full list on the SolidWorks World website. You can also learn about our Certified Partner Theater, see when the Partner Pavilion will be open, and check out the complete floor plan.